If you're thinking about having an abortion, it is important to remember that abortion is a medical procedure. What type of abortion will you have? What are the risks? You need to know the facts. You owe it to yourself to make an informed decision.
Perhaps you're thinking...
- My partner is insisting on an abortion
- I'm not ready to be a parent
- I can't tell anyone about this pregnancy
We know how you feel and you're not alone. Many of our staff have been where you are. If you're considering abortion, you need to know:
- Are you really pregnant?
- Is your pregnancy normal? Are you at risk for natural miscarriage? Do you have a tubal pregnancy requiring immediate medical attention?
- How far along are you?
- What kind of abortions are available?
- What are your rights with abortion providers?
- Are there any short-term or long-term risks to consider?
Although we recognize that women have the right to make their own decision regarding their pregnancy, Fayette Pregnancy Resource Center does not provide or refer for abortions.
At Fayette Pregnancy Resource Center, we respect that women have the right to make their own decisions regarding the outcome of their pregnancy and their sexual health. We are here to help women, and others who may be involved with a pregnancy, make an informed and reasoned decision. The information provided on this website is educational only, is not intended as a medical diagnosis, and should not take the place of your medical practitioner. FPRC provides free and confidential services to anyone in Fayetteville, Peachtree City, Brooks, Senoia, Jonesboro, Fairburn, Sharpsburg, and other surrounding areas. Our services include pregnancy testing, limited pre-natal ultrasounds for qualifying clients, information on pregnancy options, abortion alternatives counseling, an “Earn While You Learn” parenting program, and a clothes closet.